Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TV

Ok so I am one to watch TV for sure ....

I started with Sesame Street I love it and will always love it.. I watched "Captain Kangaroo" "Electric Company" "David and Goliath" I loved cartoons.........I stuck with that until sitcoms came about I remember when I was a teenager my fav shows were "Cosby Show" and "The Fresh Prince" I couldn't get enough of them. Still now I love to watch re-runs of Fresh Prince and have passed this love onto my son, Blake.
I moved up a notch as the need for social drama came into my life watching "90210" and 'Melrose Place" and that wasn't enough for me I got sucked into "Jerry Springer" "Montel" "Maury Povich" "Jenny Jones" all the crazy shows. Oh how I loved screaming at the TV ... You know you cheated on her!!!....of course that's your baby!!! It was great diving into a life that was not yours to get some DRAMA and Chaos. After you heard the same thing over and over again...the Drama and Chaos soon became a headache ...I began to think ...Oh my gosh...why? Why are these people living the life they are...and none the less showing the whole world. It didn't seem as fascinating to me anymore. So no more crazy talk shows for me.
I moved onto more serious drama like "X files "and "ER" "Sex in the City" now this got me thinking a little bit more but not much ...I still got a little bit of the dysfunctional relationships and some mystery or suspense as well. Now I watch "Lipstick Jungle" it is a show supposed to be similar to"Sex in the City" but ...Nothing will or can replace "Sex in the City" hahaa
Hmm what about sitcoms ....I did watch "That 70's show" which I love to watch reruns when I catch them Now the only one is "Samantha Who?" I love this show it's 30 min long 15min if you have it TIVO'd and run through the commercials .
Then there is REALITY TV ...Oh how soon I am sucked into this.. The "REAL WORLD" had to be my first ...it was the buzz ...these were not actors so of course all of it had to be true ...you just saw this cameraman following them around so how could it not be hahaha...It was great I watched them all good and bad "Temptation Island" "Who wants to Marry A Millionaire" "Married by America" "Survivor" "Fear Factor" "American Idol"and so many more I can't remember ...Reality TV expanded into everything cooking, singing, sports, weight loss, parenting, marriage, home decor, wardrobes, shopping, buying a house, ....whatever it is there is a show or soon will be a show for it. I am totally consumed with Reality TV ....I love it! The shows have it all DRAMA, CHAOS, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY ...tricks of the trade and some learning tools too!!!
The all fit into your life someway ...You want a show your captivated by for 6-12 weeks fine watch "American Idol" or " Dancing with the Stars" ....do you want a quick final result watch "10 years Younger"or " What not to Wear"

I guess I have a well rounded selection of TV in my life hahaha

I support some networks more than others ...umm like HGTV
...I wish some shows would have never ended ummm like "Sex in the City" my all time favorite and some shows I'm looking forward to watching like "Blush" on Lifetime ...a realty show about make artists

I Tivo all my shows so who knows what channel or Network its on ....or even what time they air ....How in the world did I survive without this awesome invention hahahaha

What I'm watching now....
Samantha Who
House Hunters
Find your Style
Design on a Dime
Myles of Style
Lipstick Jungle
Secrets Lives of Women
First 48hrs
Beyond the Box
What Not to Wear
Clean House
Trading Spouses

No comments: