Monday, January 5, 2009

It has been a while ..and at 3:30am I need it

So here I am on this High and the withdrawls are killin me.. The High of seeing my family, of being in the limelight of excitement, of having a place to go and something to do. ...Am I satisfied with what I have or is there always more out there somewhere.

I guess I should have known when my Mother told me I was the type of child who thought I was always missing out on something. I never wanted to go to bed or leave somewhere because I just knew there was a party going on that I was not going to attend ...or maybe everyone was doing something after I left and I was not going to be there to partake ...who knows

But what I miss right now

I miss the fact I can drive three blocks and be in a home I spent 20 years in
I miss I can see my parents
I miss that I can see my best friend I have known for 30 years
I miss friends who care
I miss I have great weather
I miss a multitude of stores to lose my mind in making a wish list of material wants and desires
I miss that in a minute I know where I am and how to get to where I want to be
I miss what once was

Then I come down from this High and see what I have now

I have a wonderful Husband that I spend more time with
I have more time to be with my beautiful Son and see him grow into a wonderful man
I have friends who care and are there to support
I have scenery that I would have never seen

Then I think what do I want

I want everything!!! I want a merge of the two

My family to always be with me
My parents to be with me
My friends to all be here with me
The comfort of my space and areas around me
The scenery of peace

I guess life is not perfect and we have what we have or what we go get

Oh why is it that Dorthy always wished to go home
What does that saying "Home is where the heart is" really mean

2 comments:

Mike, Brie and The Three said...

I feel the same way. If I move, I will be missing things and people here and wondering if I did the right thing. Which way do I go, which way do I go...

Triomom said...

Hi Nicole! I didn't know you had a blog! I enjoyed reading it...I too miss my friends and family in CA. It's been an adjustment here in Knoxville. It is bitter-sweet though, because I LOVE my life here and wouldn't have met my hubby if I didn't move to NC. Choices in life are so hard!! Hoping I've made the right decisions, etc, etc... I would say: So far, so good! :)